Saturday, October 23, 2010

You may say that I'm a Dreamer

I find myself dreaming lately.

-Of our next baby. When he or she will come home to us. What he or she will be like. How gorgeous it will feel to finally hold that child.

-Of fall. Austin hasn't gotten the memo that its nearly November, as the forecast calls for 90 degrees next week.

-Of food. Mostly fresh seafood, farm fresh produce, ooey gooey cheeses and gelato.

-Of a get away with my husband. We have been talking about our five year anniversary in March, and now I can't stop daydreaming of a little R&R with the mister.

-About what God has for our little family.
I dream about us packing up, moving the other side of the world...somewhere where time is slower, deadlines aren't as important. Somewhere with mountains and majestic sunsets that linger over the horizon. I dream of immersing ourselves in another culture and tongue and soaking up the opportunity to grow in this way.

-I dream about my children. What they will be like, how they will grow. I dream about them being loving, kind people...not enticed by the things of this world, but content in their unique design and lovers of God and people.

-And, I dream about Jesus. What He would be like to sit with, hold hands with and listen to.
(Maybe I will just head to bed and ask him to visit me in my dreams tonight.)

2 comments: