Monday, August 9, 2010

Okay, Okay...

I am a rebel by nature.

I don't like trends. I don't like to do things that everyone else is doing and will often avoid giving something a try simply because I am stubborn and don't want to "conform." (Yes, I am immature.)
Case in point: blogging.
I have fought the good fight against this whole blog thing. However, it seems I am giving in.
Why, you ask?



Well, first of all...I like to write. I don't do it enough and my vocabulary, grammar and spelling are taking a major punch to the gut because of it. I need to write more.
Secondly, I just need to do something that isn't disciplining a toddler, explaining while baby dolls cannot swim in the toilet and doing endless loads of laundry and dishes (note: I have lived without a dishwasher for four whole years...tear.)
Also, I read your blogs. Because I read your blogs, never comment and never have one of my own for you to read, I am pretty sure I am a blog stalker and a wimp.
And, finally, I have stuff to say:
About God- My pursuit of Him and holiness in this world as I battle a pretty devious id.
About family- I have an amazing husband that deserves story after story in print form telling of his gracious and loving ways. I am a mother to a 2o month old little girl that teaches me more about life and love than most everyone else. And, we have a baby on the way. We are deep in the adoption process and anticipating the arrival of our next little one.
About life-I am one hectic work in progress, but I feel that this format could be therapeutic.

And, because I am a dork, I have also had to lay a few ground rules for myself:
1. No pressure. If I don't feel like updating, I will not feel guilty if I don't.
2. I will not slave over a post for hours and hours to make it perfect. (It will most likely be me verbally throwing up through the written word.)
3. I will not compare myself to others blogs. I will never have the most beautifully organized house, most endearing or funny stories, best recipes or travel tips. Ah well. (Did I just talk you out of reading?)

So, after all that...
...you have it, folks. Conformity.

( I guess there are worse trends to adhere to though. Like, for instance, the tight-rolled/acid washed jean and the master cleanse.)

Let the blogging begin!

Learning to Love,
Pamela

7 comments:

  1. Well, I am obviously pretty pumped about your conformity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Haley's comment! I can't wait for future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, me too! How great is it that we are the first 3 ever to comment?! Pretty great. And this is Charla, in case I am not smart enough to figure out the whole profile selection thing that I see below. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) yeay! Love ya! Can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to adopt your rules and CONFORM to your non-conformity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! I won't be alone in the word vomit blogosphere anymore, this is going to be right up my alley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fellow blog stalker :) but blogger as well. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete