Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Neck ya later

So, I have been suffering from neck problems, ie 2 compressed disks and a Pinched nerve, as well as migraines for over two years now.

I find chronic pain is a real buzz kill...can I get an "amen"?

Thousands of dollars and many hours spent on testing, therapy, massages, chiropractic care and there still seems to be no real solution at this point.
Stomach problems from far too much ibuprofen and migraine meds Are also a lovely part of this relationship.

To be frank, I have been throwing myself one hell of a pity party today.

I have had to pray it up...ask for peace,strength and resolve to keep on keepin'on in a very real way lately.

I feel like God reminded me today that many have it so much worse than I do, and, more in importantly, joy is heaven sent- not circumstantial. Sheesh. I need joy to reach right through my whiniest, most frustrating days and grab me by the collar and give me a good shake.

Good thing that is an illustration, because that would actually aggravate my neck. Hehe.

1 comment:

  1. Same lesson, different circumstances. It's not a fun lesson to be taught. May we both learn it quickly!!! :) Love you friend. Thanks again for your encouragement the other day.

    ReplyDelete